Migrate email using the Exchange cutover method
As part of a Microsoft 365 or Office 365 deployment, you can migrate the contents of user mailboxes from a source email system to Microsoft 365 or Office 365. When you do this all at one time, it’s called a cutover migration. Choosing a cutover migration is suggested when:
- Your current on-premises Exchange organization is Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or later.
- Your on-premises Exchange organization has fewer than 2,000 mailboxes.
Plan for migration
Setting up an email cutover migration to Microsoft 365 or Office 365 requires careful planning. Before you begin, here are a few things to consider:
- You can move your entire email organization to Microsoft 365 or Office 365 over a few days and manage user accounts in Microsoft 365 or Office 365.
- A maximum of 2,000 mailboxes can be migrated to Microsoft 365 or Office 365 by using a cutover Exchange migration. However, it is recommended that you only migrate 150 mailboxes.
- The primary domain name used for your on-premises Exchange organization must be an accepted as a domain owned by you in your Microsoft 365 or Office 365 organization.
- After the migration is complete, each user who has an on-premises Exchange mailbox also will be a new user in Microsoft 365 or Office 365, but you must still assign licenses to users whose mailboxes are migrated.
Key benefits With Our Service
We provide excellent after support and complete satisfaction to our clients for any type of IT work. We assure you for best price in entire Australia.